Saturday, November 19, 2011

Whole Wheat Moist Banana Bread



Who wouldn't want to have a bite of a super moist banana bread? This recipe I'd like to share makes an incomparably moist banana bread! Everytime I serve a slice to my hubby, he always ends up asking for more! And yes, my toddler loves it too! I've tried so many banana bread recipes before and I almost get frustrated for not getting the moist that I want! Sometimes, the bread is moist only when it's freshly baked then it gets dry the next day, 'til I found out an ingredient that renders most baked goods exceptionally moist! Even after few days! Yes, it's just the sour cream! I used fat-free sour cream. Since then,  baking banana bread for me is "A Piece of Cake"!

Ooops! Let me share also to you that nearly-rotten-bananas which have dark brown spots on it are what makes the banana bread it's flavor! That's the key! So don't toss them away. It's just about time to bake some moist flavorful banana bread! And try using whole wheat flour for a healthier option. Here's the recipe:



Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ cup vegetable or canola oil
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups over-ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 large bananas)
1 cup light sour cream
2 large eggs
How to bake:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line a 9×5” metal loaf pan (Or, if making banana muffins, line 12 muffin cups with liners.) Note: I used springform pan to make a round bread.
In a bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oil, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix in the vanilla extract, mashed bananas, sour cream, and eggs.
Stir in the dry ingredients until combined. Pour the batter into a pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If baking muffins, fill each lined muffin cup 3/4 of the way, and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.) Let the banana bread cool for 10 minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment