Friday, November 18, 2011

Seafood Medley Aligue Brown Rice

 
A very appetizing rice meal for seafood lovers!!!


"RBX" or "Rice in a Box" was one of my all-time fave wayback in Philippines. I remember my week isn't complete without digging in a box of "Seafood Bagoong Rice"! And yes, I order the same meal over-and-over! It's just so appetizing and I want it spicier! Til' I left the Philippines and craved for RBX. But that time I was intensely desiring for "aligue" or crab fat. So I tried cooking it with aligue instead of bagoong and oh! it turned out so scrumptious!!! I used whole grain brown rice since it's an excellent source of all-round nutrition. I've been eating brown rice for almost 4 years now and I've never been healthier! Here's my simple recipe to share with you. So easy to cook. Fresh seafoods are always the best but if you want to save some bucks you can just buy a pack of frozen mixed seafood. Almost nothing makes a difference! Be it fresh or frozen, it's the aligue that makes it so appetizing since aligue and seafoods are always a perfect combo! You can buy a bottled aligue or crab fat in most Filipino or Chinese stores.


Ingredients:

2 tbsp. cooking oil (I used olive oil)
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1 Pack Frozen Mixed Seafood (thawed and completely drained)
1/4 cup Bottled Crab Fat (Aligue or Taba ng Talangka)
3 cups Cooked Brown Rice
Frozen Mixed Vegetables
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
Garlic powder
Onion Powder


How to cook:
1. Thaw frozen seafoods. Drain. Microwave the frozen veggies for about 1-2 minutes.
2. Saute garlic in oil, add seafoods and stir fry.
3. Add crab fat when seafoods are almost cooked.
4. Add the cooked rice and mix together until rice is evenly coated with aligue.
5. Add the cooked veggetables then continue mixing.
6. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder then ENJOY!


Notes:
* Thoroughly drain the thawed frozen seafood then lay it on paper towel to completely dry before sauteing to prevent it from becoming watery.
* You may also use fresh seafoods or fresh vegetables instead of frozen.

1 comment: